Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Big Sister" card

Hello!
I needed to make a special "Big Sister" card for one of the little girls in my daycare. She has a new baby brother at home!
When I saw the Stamptacular Sunday, "Pink-A-Licious" challenge, I thought it would work for this card. I struggled a little bit with "not making the carriage blue"! I decided to go with white and I think it works.
Recipe:
The sweet little girl image is from the Paper Doll Design Shop
I used Pretty In Pink and Rose Red cardstock from SU.
I paper pieced the little girls dress, socks and headband with Stampin Up designer paper.
I used my new "MFT" Perfect Petal Trio die cut with the same SU paper and Rose Red to make the flower. The center of the flower is SU.
The background designer paper is K&Company. I love their paper!
I made the butterflies with my Beautiful Wings embosslits Die.
The scalloped circles are Nestabilities.
The Big Sister Tag is stamped out with my SU tag punch and decorated with BLING! I used white lace scraps for the carriage.
I am entering this card into the following challenges
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #111 Pink-a-Licious!
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-111-pink-licious.html
Moving Along With The Times #98 - Two B's
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-98-two-bs.html
(Bling, Blossom, Butterflies, Bow, Big Sister and Baby carriage)
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Let's Punch It Out!
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for looking!

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You've pulled all the pinks together perfectly and I really like your design. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's going to love it and her Mom should frame it for her....it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in on our B's Challenge on MAWTT,your card is amazing.
    Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Sheryl and what a great idea.
    Thanks for joining in our 2B's challenge at MAWTT we are so pleased you have shared this with us.
    If you pop over to my own blog you could stand a chance of winning more prizes
    http://bumlebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com
    Click the give-away picture in the sidebar.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohlala and wooaw, this is just so sweet and adorable ♥ Wonderful details and a great idea to use lace on the carriage.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
    Hugs, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so SUPER CUTE!! Love all the pink and the way you used the lace and ribbon - very creative. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

    ReplyDelete